Welcome to fourthought(s), Studio Four Design’s monthly blog to discuss all things related to architecture, design and whatever else happens to be on our mind. Whether you know us intimately or if this is your first time engaging with us we wanted to kick off our blog by sharing a little bit about why, how and what we do. So here goes…
Knoxville-based architecture firm, Studio Four Design, was founded in May of 2002 with a simple idea: To form a team of architects, interior designers and planners to focus obsessively on meeting the needs of our clients because we believe that DESIGN MATTERS. This is the reason we come to work every day and do what we do.
So why does design matter? We believe that the lives of individuals, families, organizations and communities can be positively transformed by and through the creative and thoughtful design of buildings, places and environments. We are committed to the pursuit of excellence in design quite simply because people matter.
We believe that it is our responsibility to use our talents, gifts and abilities to improve the lives of those we serve within our community, our state, our country and the entire world. We are passionate about architectural and interior design for people to see, to use and to feel and we do this in several ways, such as:
- Creating brand identities for startups and entrepreneurs to provide their businesses with a competitive edge.
- Helping municipalities plan for growth and expansion and develop public facilities such as senior centers, fire stations and places for government that enhance the quality of living within their jurisdictions.
- Building places to live and homes for families where memories will be created as people share their lives together.
- Assisting manufacturers, corporations retailers and restaurateurs to establish, grow and expand their operations which in turn create jobs and economic growth in their communities.
- Tailoring places of learning for colleges and universities which help to educate and inspire the next generation.
- Developing sports and recreation venues which provide opportunities for entertainment, fun and fellowship.
- Planning safe, comfortable and inviting environments that support healing and wellness in medical and dental facilities.
- Designing churches that enhance worship, encourage relationships and provide resources for ministry growth.
The team at Studio Four Design believes and understands that design is not just a means to an end but rather a beginning – a foundation for a greater story and purpose to be told through the experiences that take place long after our work is finished.
This is where our approach to each project begins and this is Studio Four Design. Welcome to something different!